<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Pink Lace...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pink Lace...

As i am sure you already know, i have a little bit of love for an 80's does 50's dress (the ones with an elasticated waist probably not so much) sometimes i find a dress that has all the gentle sighs of the 50's era, beautiful cut, full skirt and on occasion still in perfect condition. 

So on Tuesday i wore this little lace number out to a themed work party! Nothing like a dress with a bit of versatility right? It's rather funny as i still feel like admitting your love for such a dress is still taboo, like you have been caught out squirting whipped cream into your mouth in front of the fridge...stammering out excuses when all you want to do is express your love for the whipped cream! So i say...embrace it..shout it to the rooftops if must be!! I am ( - insert name here - ) and i have a slight obsession with 80's does 50's dresses....there...now lets hug it out!

I have SO many plans this weekend, photographing an extra special series of posts for next week that i simply CANT WAIT to share (sorry for shouting caps..but they are absolutely necessary) many gins to be had to celebrate a special birthday and of course dancing! Xx

(Wearing: Op Shopped lace dress, vintage basket bag, Modcloth shoes)

7 Comments:

Blogger CiCi said...

Ah, I'm all for I don't care what era made it as long as it's beautiful. And this dress is, so you're a-ok! And pretty shoes too :) x

July 11, 2014 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

I love 80s does 50s (though I agree that elastic is a deal breaker). I also love 70's does 40s/30s. AND 80s does 20s. It's all GREAT!

July 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Cherry Cris said...

Look Beautiful,I love 20s .
Kisses
http://pinagirlscris.blogspot.com.br

July 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a pretty pink dress! x

July 13, 2014 at 1:31 AM  
Blogger GG said...

Ally, I think your in the current Sunday Times STM magazine (page 22) unless she is your doppelganger! ox

July 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Emma Clark said...

You have the most incredible collection of shoes. Seriously, I'm jealous.

July 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a really similar 80s does 50s dress and I love it! It has a satin bodice and lace skirt though. I find it too fancy for everyday wear but it's a good dress to attend weddings in! I love yours. It looks gorgeous on you!

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

July 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home