<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Products of Choice...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Products of Choice...

I have had a few lovely readers ask me what products i use on a daily basis both on my face and hair, i have a very select range as i try not to overload my body too much and i always try and pick brands that are either organic or shy away from chemical content. This of course is just a personal preferance but i figured i would share my picks with you!

Face Products 
I wash my face with a soap free product, but sometimes i even just use bi-carb soda and a little water, it makes an amazing face scrub and lifts the day off your face easily. I then swap between the two products below on my face after i have washed it so one day oil, next day moisturiser.

It smells divine and absorbs amazingly i also use it as a hand moisturiser too. Plus they only use essential oils and 100% natural botanical extracts which means its Paraben free!

I cant express my love for this product enough, all i can say is get it and put it on your face, you will love me for it!! I had such a fear of slathering oil on my face before bed thinking my pillowcase would absorb it all, but take the plunge i urge you! It absorbs quite quickly and has an easy applicator it clears your blemishes, fixes dry patches and balances your oily sections too. It quite literally is a fix-it oil for your face and you will never look back!



Hair Products 
 As i am lucky enough to be surrounded by hair products every day it took awhile but o eventually found a cleansing set that i really do love and feel good about putting in my hair, i stress to you all its not just about the delicious smell your shampoo provides the nutrients and repair agents are so important too especially if you are using heating tools and putting your hair through rough elements on a daily basis!

Its quite a concentrated shampoo so you only use a small amount (which means it last longer hooray!) but it really clenses the gold tones out of your hair and cleanses it thoroughly too!

I dont go too crazy on the conditioner, i just use it on the ends of my hair and sparingly through the roots, i find if my hair is too soft after washing my sets wont work as well and its difficult to style for a few days, this conditioner is great for that as it does wonders with a small amount.

Once in a blue moon i treat my hair to a masque, it helps my poor disheveled ends with some nutrients and i usually leave it in for a good half an hour. You can almost hear my hair singing in glee, this one smells incredible too!

 CEDEL HAIRSPRAY 
This is the only hairspray i use, its a strong hold and dosent get all up in my throat and chest when im spraying, its a tried and tested brand that has lasted the years. I have attempted to use others but i always come back to this one! Its also great for keeping those pin curls in place.

After my pin curl sets i will always spend time brushing out the curls, in the final stages of the brush out i apply an amount of pomade to my hands and work it through the sections, it tames the fly aways and frizz that always comes with a set and always gives it a beautiful shine. There are many pomades out there but i do like this brand in particular as it holds well.

The setting agent that i love the most..da da dahhh!!! I love it...it won't turn my hair crispy, it holds without being too obnoxious and it smells pretty too. When applying it to my set i spray from roots to ends and roll the pin curl. It also lasts quite well, i go through a bottle once every three months which is pretty good considering!
I always love reading what everyone else uses, so if you have any recommendations feel free to pop them in the comments! Xx

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma Bottari said...

I've always really wanted to try pureology but I never knew anyone who had used their products. I will definitely give these guys a shot!
Do you use a setting lotion?

September 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home